Friday, March 2nd

Started the post for Thursday, but never got around to posting it. So I'll just build on it, on second thought, it was only two lines. I'll start fresh.

The white car when to the mechanic, so I'm carless this weekend*. Hopefully we'll get a phone call at some point today with an estimate. I'm praying the POS thing won't cost more then 1200. Hey, a girl can dream can't she?

We had cheesecake at work on Thursday. The King showed up, and by 14:00, the pan was empty. Eagle Eye - one of the managers - wandered by and mentioned coconut cheesecake, which was in a drawer out of the way. All I could think, who told him? Gave Eagle Eye a piece, "make it bigger and I'll share with Comeback Kid." Don't know if it happened or not, but three members of the cube had two pieces and I wasn't one of them! (I'm so proud of me.)

I went to pull out socks for me this morning, all I had was one Forsetta pair. Didn't feel like wearing them, so I dug through Grilltech's drawer and found his Black Dragon socks. He looks at me and says, "You can't wear those, they're made especially to fit me." They're very warm and comfy; I should pull out the black silk and a pair for me. Well, not Black Dragons - they would fight with the Lavender ones or mate... hey maybe I should and have a bunch of socks just appear in my drawer. (Refer back to a girl can dream....)

I've made it up to chapter four (or is it five) in Knitting in the Old Way. I'm wondering how many skeins of sock yarn I would need to make a sweater. Guessimate six, Do the math in my head: 6 x 16 = 96. Bucks for a sweater?! Size one needles, I'd be knitting how long? Six or seven months? Am I insane? Hmm I have a bunch of odds and ends in the stash, and Julie's Cheating at color theory.

* The mechanic just called, only 400 to fix the POS! And we might even get it back today! Happy. Happy! Joy. Joy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Writers Unblock Tool: A wife is committing adultery with a pouch of garlic and salt.


Yesterday's:
"You shouldn't be here." I whispered.

"I'll go if you tell me to." Marshall said, taking a step closer.

I stepped back

The smile on his face darkened. "Don't make me chase you, little one."

The use of his pet name for me brought tears to my cheeks, unable to face him any longer I turned away.

"Come now, your husband is out for the night,” Marshall ran his hands over my shoulders and down my arms.

Marshall pulled me closer knowing, I wouldn't resist his touch.

Today's:
I strolled in the garden at twilight, flowers perfumed the night. Seth would be gone most of the night, leaving me alone again. I wandered in the deepening darkness, trying to forget my husband who would gamble the night away then be with me. The path led to a bench, where Marshall sat waiting for me. I stopped in astonishment.

"Marshall, you shouldn't.." Was all I was able to get out before Marshall engulfed me in his embrace.

His lips crushed against mine. My hands went to his shoulders to pull him closer. His touch made me forget everything, including time. His kisses traveled from my lips, to my check and down my neck. The warm summer was cool on my skin, bringing me to my senses. With all my might, I shoved Marshall away from me, and broke his spell.

"No." It was all I could say, with him standing so close. I stepped back, so my head could clear.

Marshall's eyes seemingly glowed amber. I gasped and took another step back. My hand went to the pouch at my side.

"Don't make me chase you, Little One." His voice was silky, sounding the way he used to.

"I told you." My voice trembled. "We're through."

His smile was fierce, as if he could hear the lie in my voice.

"No." This time, I was firm. "You shouldn't be here." I turned to leave.

"Then why did you come looking for me?" His voice caressed me.

"I didn't. After two weeks, I thought you would quit coming." The memory of me telling him, we were finished cut like a knife. I pulled out the glass vial filled with a paste of garlic and salt. The talismonger promised it would help.

Marshall's laugh was light. "Come with me, leave this place and be mine forever." This time his hands were on my shoulders.

I could feel Marshall's hot breath on my neck. The vial shattered as it fell from my limp hand. The reek of garlic filled the air.

4 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

lol....that's why I keep putting my sock yarns together but to my disappointment they don't multiply.

Mr. Shife said...

Good news about the POS. So the sock thievery is a common thing in marriages? I have noticed in my third year of wedded bliss that my sock supply has dwindled down.

Amy Lane said...

Hooray on the get out of POS debt relatively unscathed moment... Go ahead...see if socks can mate...I'm a dreamer too!!!(Years ago, Mate convinced me to buy all white socks so that they would all match...but now he gets all picky about the vintage white socks matching the non-vintage white socks and I'm thinking "We could have been wearing some purple!")

Saren Johnson said...

While the girls was growing up, it wasn't uncommon for them to wear non-matching socks. Half the time my socks didn't match either. I figured there was more important things in life to deal with, other then did my socks match.

Mr. Shife, yes women will steal socks. Considering I make his socks, I should be able to steal them. I hadn't seen them go through the wash in quite a while.