Thursday, March 8

Dad's Sweater

Remember this? I know it's been a while since any progress has been made.













Improved Dad's Sweater

It's now become this. I ripped back and just kept knitting in blue. Progress is a good thing. I haven't started the sleeves, which could be a problem once I reach the end stage of the body. I suppose I could set the body aside and start them. Doesn't really matter does it?

Yesterday I had been reading the Knitting in the Old Way, the book talked about the different mounts of knitting. There is the Western, which has the right leg leading and the Eastern which has the left leg leading. Last night, I keep hearing a "skreetch" (with plastic needles no less) and I look over, Clingy is knitting through the front loop, but throwing her yarn over the other way, which twisted her stitches. Her knitting was tight, because she's trying to knit Western with an Eastern setup. It was neat that I knew, anyway, she's back to knitting western style will be a fast knitter once she picks up conifidence.

I'm going to kick out Cassie's baby sweater this weekend. Will write up the pattern for the class the following week and knit the shop display model.

I'm excited, 300 starts on Friday. I want to see this one badly. Don't think we'll go opening weekend, maybe the next one.

Rae, I haven't been blowing you off, honestly! The Eldest will be 20 this year and the Youngest turned 18 in December.

3 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

Ah sweet progress. Wished I could say I've made any here lately. Maybe tonight.

Amy Lane said...

Hey--good to see the progress:-)...And kids? Yours? You write way too young to have kids that old...(*smile*) I think a child's first act of criminal rebellion is growing too damned fast without permission...

Saren Johnson said...

I'm not sure how to take I write too young.

Criminal rebellion, don't get me started.....