Monday, March 5

It was a slow weekend. Saturday, went and hung out at Fuzz. Did a little knitting on Grilltech's Bookwyrm. Now it's changing from an owl into a sidewinder, the scale effect is working I'd say. The eldest and her husband came over for dinner, so did the E family. Grilltech cooked the steaks, he says he burned one side of some of them, but the one I had was fine. Didn't feel too much like knitting, while at Fuzz. Did do several rounds, then called it. I tried the double trudle wheel, which I decided I liked. Told them to order it for me, they won't get it ordered until today. Now I'm having second thoughts, I think I would rather just buy then make. I know how and with time I'll get better, but oppurtunity costs. The time I use spinning, is time I don't have towards knitting. I'm still thinking on it, I have about five hours before it comes down to the wire. I've decided not to get the wheel. Grilltech said, wouldn't it be easier to buy 300 bucks with of yarn. Why yes it would be. Not that I'm going to spend that much right now.

Took the Eldest to Barnes and Noble to pick up part of her birthday present. I have Knitting on the Edge which she really likes. So we go and I pick up Knitting over the Edge for her. She's all bummed, becuase it's not the same book. I had to point
out, if she gets that book, we have twice as many edging to choose from and she can still borrow my book. She was happy with that thought.

Sunday I did laundry. I also napped for 1.5 hours. By the time we went to bed, my face was hurting badly. I'll be taking a trip to the doc in the box today. It's starting again this morning. (Is it bad when I'm fanastizing about picking up my knitting and doing a few rounds while waiting for the fraggin' hour glass to go away?) We went and picked out a new dishwasher. It will be about a week before it will be delivered. We've offered the old one to a friend; but haven't heard if she wants it or not.

I made chicken soup for dinner, Sunday night. I think we're starting to get low on soup stock, so Grilltech will need to start smoking whole chickens. Funny thing, the Eldest wouldn't eat half of the stuff we cooked for her while she lived at home. We cook the same things and it's the best thing in the world, now. Guess she's learning it's not as easy as she thought.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I told grill when he offered it that i wanted it. if i can come up with the price... those darn cookies are hard to find.

Saren Johnson said...

You know men. They say one thing, then turn around and say another to someone else. It's yours.

PS. Chech Wal-mart during the weekends.

Rae said...

I have so admired those "Knitting ... the Edge" books. They have such lovely binding and pictures, not to mention the knitting! I've seen them for years; I'm going to have to take the plunge.

How old is the oldest?

Mr. Shife said...

That is how kids are. We can't stand being at home but once we are gone we sure do miss it.