Friday, March 9

It's been a late day. Last night I decided to put new music on my PDA. Picked out songs, added a patch - stupid time change - started my sync and went to bed. This morning, the computer still shows everything which needs to be moved to the PDA. And I mean EVERYTHING. AHHH, a long ass day, with no tunes, I don't think so! I start the sync again and only get about half of the music I really wanted. We didn't leave the house until 0500 and Grilltech has to be there in 15 minutes. It's a 20 minute drive across town, he was late. I didn't get into the building until about 0530, which made me late. Today is going to be a wonderful day.

Today is the official start of the weekend. Dad's sweater will go on hold and I'll start working on Cassie's baby sweater. I have a row to rip back, some math to do, and then I'll be off knitting. The goal is to have the sweater finished this weekend.

I've mentioned before, we got to bed pretty early at chez Tech. We only have one phone located in the family room. I'm woken up by what I think is the phone ringing. I look at the big red clock and it reads 0014. I'm about to close my eyes and drift back into the dreams of it being Saturday; when the phone rings again. I race out to answer it, when I get there the caller hung up. I check caller ID and it's the Youngest. She calls again, her car won't start "its making a clicking noise". Grilltech gets up to go get her - remember we have to be up in 2.5 hours - today she won't have a car and will have to walk to school. We live on the edge here. Currently he's off to see if a jump will fix the problem. Otherwise the car will sit at her work.

Tonight it's pulled pork and beer for dinner. You can see what it looks like on Grilltech's blog. He BBQed the pork and brewed the beer. I have it rough, I know. I still have to decide what we're doing this weekend for dinner. Hmm steaks.

2 comments:

Carrie Penny said...

I am gonna have to ask Grilltech for some pointers, I think I married the only man that doesn't grill, and that is the one thing Daddy didn't teach me before sending me off into the world! That looks like a great prize at the end of a day!

GrillTech said...

The best pointer in the world is the one I used. Go out and get Steven Raichlen's book "How to Grill". The man is a master at grilling and imparting knowledge. Once your hooked you can start experimenting and really come up with some killer stuff.