Monday, March 19

The extra day of the weekend just made it all the harder to come back to work on Monday. On the plus side, I didn't forget any of my passwords.

Baby Set
I finished Cassie's baby sweater on Saturday morning. Finished the hat on Saturday evening.










Kitty Buttons
Picked up the cute buttons on Sunday and sewed them on. Took the set over and saw the baby last night. Very cute. Two weeks old, six pounds and 19 inches long.









Fran Shaved

You can see Fran's shaved tummy. She wasn't moving real well for a couple of days. When we visited the baby, we also visited Fran's mom, Crystal. She's very pregnant and enjoyed being petted. We walked out the door; shut the screen door and Crystal ran into it. She wanted to go home with us. Poor kitty.

Didn't do much in the way of writing this weekend. I completed a total 134 of words. I'm not sure how many pages 36,000 words are. (A bunch?) Anyway, I've decided 36,000 is way to lofty for a novice. My goal is 18,000, half the number in three months is reasonable to me. As I tell knitting students, you can do anything, you just have to believe you can. Even a novice can knit a cabled sweater - but will the sweater fit well or look nice? Reasonable is my goal.

Caution - 300 SPOILER!! Stop reading if you haven't seen the movie yet and don't want to learn anything.

OMG!! Nothing hunkier then men with ripped abs running around in little clothing. Nice, very nice. Nothing better then awesome fight scenes. Yes, I'm an action girl through and through. Had to suspend reality at times, but the eye candy made up for it.

Great lines:

"Sparta only sent 300 soldiers?"

Buff Spartan King pointing at wimpy looking man: "You what do you do?" Him: "I'm a potter."

Points to another man: "And you?" Him: "I'm a blacksmith*."

Buff Spartan King turns to whiny other King: "I've brought more soldiers then you did." (Yes!!)

* A blacksmith fighting on the front lines? I don't think so!

4 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

The baby sweater is so cute. I've heard 300 was pretty bloody....not that blood and gore bothers me. :)

Carrie Penny said...

I love your baby set! I can't wait until I have another one to knit or crochet for, maybe my own...that would be really nice...I can't wait to see 300, I keep trying to get my hubby to go!

Rae said...

The baby sweater is so small!!! Against the decking, it looks TINY. Adorable. Love the colors.

Amy Lane said...

(John Stewart said it should have been called the 1800--as in 300 six-packs:-)

Haven't seen it yet...but it's on my to-do list!! The baby sweater is adorable! And the kitty looks sad--she'll feel better, I'm sure:-/