Wednesday, February 28

Most of this was written on Tuesday, and sent home, it bounced because of a power failure knocked out our mail server. Neither Grilltech or I was home to bring up the server again, so mail was bouncing back for who knows how long. Grilltech is now finding all mail is bouncing and he's trying to fix it.

I didn't make it to karate Monday night. One part super sleepy, one part super embarrassed to be the largest person there. The regular group of fifteen isn't too bad, but when there are 900 strangers, I don't deal well.

I didn't do any knitting last night; I did read Knitting in the Old Way. Still in the in first chapter, it covers some history. It’s nice to know where we've been, so we know where we're going.

I was in bed by 20:00 last night, asleep by 20:30. Woke up at 01:00 and couldn't get back to sleep until about 02:30. Great, only 1:15 before we have to drag our sorry butts out of bed to go to work. Today should be one long ass day.

I’ve completed about eight rounds on Grilltech's BookWyrm Socks. (Bookwyrms are the scholarly ones of the dragon family. Since I think the colors remind me of an owl, the socks have a new name.) Not sure the scale pattern is all that visible through the colors, but it's also very short at this point in time.

Grilltech pulled the pork Monday night. It was the one of the best he's done. I think the steaks need to be pulled out for this weekend. Course I have no clue as to what tonight's dinner will be. The youngest and I went to the store and picked up stuff from the Deli. Grilltech wasn't hungry, so he ate half of mine.

It was another knitless night. I also didn't spin anything and the wheel goes back today. Not sure what's going on. I'm coming home from work just so exhusted all I want to do is crawl into bed. I believe I even stayed up to 20:15 last night. On the plus side, I didn't wake up until I hit snooze this morning.

I made a coconut cheesecake last night. Today is the King's birthday and I needed a reason to make a cheesecake. Not that Grilltech thinks I need a reason, he's always happy to have cheesecake.

I'm debating if I should rip out Icuras. I haven't really touched it in a while. I'm not overly happy with how it's turning out. (Not that I have much done on it.) I've not really knit lace and knitting with thread, isn't making me happy. I think Cassie's baby sweater will be dusted off soon as I finish Grilltech's mitts. She's due in March and I need to get going on that. So much work knitting along with the Eldest.

Writer's Unblock Tool Snippet: Describe a poker player down on his luck with a roomful of fools.

Hayden studied the group while he sipped his wine. Dorrian's floppy lace cuffs where stained red because most of the time when he drew his hand back the lace ended up in his cup. Tess' giggling was beginning to get on his last nerve, but he would smile back at her because of the large purse of gold she usually carried. Calden puffed on his cigar while telling a lewd story to Tess. Alton effiecently shuffled the deck then begun dealing the cards.

Tess would arrange her hand, with each new card causing numberous switching. Alton would pick up the cards one at a time, after they all had been dealt out and squint at them before putting them into his hand one at a time in the same order. Dorrian's lace kept getting in the way and had be flipped back, inconvenience was the price of being fashionable. Calden puffed smoke towards his cards, a sign he didn't like them. Hayden picked up his card, only after the last one had been dealt.

2 comments:

Carrie Penny said...

SHEESH! It sounds like you need to take a minute and breathe hun! Relax, Zin...something!

Amy Lane said...

Love your name choice on the snippet...get sleep now...knit later...all will be well!