Friday, February 23

Here at the datamine it's like running with scissors, it's all well and good, until someone looses an eye. You get a momentum going; everything is fine, until you trip. Doesn't matter why you trip, stumbling over your own feet or someone else pushing you, it hurts. Cubemate PK is out today. No big deal, I'm doing her reports as well as mine. Early this morning, I was told to use a different remote desktop, being the good little corporate drone I am, I do. About three hours later work comes to a screeching halt. Turns out the remote desktop was pointed to a test database. Everything I had done in that remote system was dead. I want the three hours of my life back.

Sock student called me back. She’s not feeling well at all. She’s been in and out of the hospital for the past two days. Sounds pretty serious, hope she gets better.

No real progress onto the owl sock or mitt.

3 comments:

GrillTech said...

Tis the joy of "Proudly Serving our Corporate Masters".

Amy Lane said...

Yeah...if it weren't for knitting, I'd have a whole year owed to me by the staff-meeting trolls who've tried to ruin my optimism...feel your pain...

Saren Johnson said...

I used to be able to knit at my desk, while waiting for reports to run. Now I can't, so I read blogs. (I read lots of blogs.) That is pain.