Monday, February 12

I went down to the LYS on Saturday, because my slow sock student was going to come knit and needed help with the heel. I took my current project, the fingerless mitts. Everyone like them, and two people wanted me to knit them a pair. As if! One lady liked the pattern so much, she wanted it. I couldn't figure out why she couldn't look at the mitt and make up her own. So I gave it to her. It's the same thing with the sock design class. People want to pay me to teach them how to design something? Are you kidding me? Maybe it’s the engineer in me. (Granted I'm a software engineer and I haven't used the degree, but that's beside the point isn't it?) Pick a pattern, do the math and knit. Not that tough. I was talking to Grilltech, who pointed out; some people have to knit to a pattern. Exactly to the pattern. I must not be one of them.


I've finished the last of the white wool. It's still on the bobin, but here is my first try. I've got a black raw wool almost on a full bobin. Grilltech is going to get a pair of fingerless mitts out of the black.


This was the sky before a storm came through before Grilltech started grilling dinner. Hmm


Here is the view from our porch. The neighbor on the left used to have four cars parked in front of his house. We think he called the cops to have the other neighbors ticketed and he ended up with a couple of tickets himself. Now all the cars are now gone. Makes it easier to drive down the street.

1 comment:

Lovs2Knit said...

Like the mitts. I'm one of those that has to have some guidance from a pattern, course I've only been knitting for 7 months. Right now I'm refusing to learn to spin since I don't need another addicting and some what pricey hobby. Maybe here in a year or two.