Tuesday, February 20

Not much in the way of knitting, just me whining. Thanks for the well wishes. Hope to be better by the end of the week.

I shouldn't have came back to work, it's just that simple. I can't think of anything worse then being beat on for crap that isn't my fault. X and Y wasn't done, of course they weren't, there wasn't any follow through on the part of the leader. So just shoot me now. Or I'll just cry at my desk again.

I made the sock student cry. I didn't mean to. Honest! She's working the gusset. She says, "I can't get this." (Repeatedly) I finally look over at her and tell her, "You need to stop saying that. You are what you say. If you keep saying 'I can't', then you never will. You can say, 'I don't understand, this is hard, I need more clarification', but you can't say, 'I can't'." She left the room in tears. (She was having a bad week and I didn't help much.) So when I see her on Wednesday, I'll need to make sure to tell her, I wasn't beating on her.

Shh, don't tell Amy, but I finished the first of Broad Street Mittens. For the second one, I'm knitting the flap first using a provisional cast on. Later while knitting the mitten, it will be easier to k2tog and keep going. Picking up those 30 stitches is a pain in the ass and they aren't straight. I didn't feel up to re-inventing the wheel.

I've started a pair of socks for Grilltech. I casted on 26, 26, 30, should be 80 right? Yeah, it's not. So I have to rip back the first row for those two fragging stitches. Or I suppose I can just knit the two together at the last four stitches. I'm going to opt for the ripping back. I was thinking I should knit this pair toe up, just because. Oh wait. What's the rule? Don't drink and drive, don't lend money to family, and don't try to deviate from the normal while sick.

2 comments:

Cece said...

I hate it when people say 'I can't do this' - of course you can't if you say that to yourself! Sorry you are sick!

Amy Lane said...

Okay, I'm glad you let the secret slip because now I'm jazzed to see them... Hope you feel better...didja remember the psychadellic cold meds?