Saturday, February 10

Last night, I sat down and spun. I was able to spin! It wasn't overly spun like the first time I sat down. I have half a bobin full of spun yarn. (It even looks like yarn!) I was talking to M, she was very happy for me, because I've picked up a new skill. Remember, with any new skill it will be hard at first. I'll get to spin more tonight and I'm looking forward to it.

The evil white one was thumped a couple of times last night. "No, don't play with the wheel." "No, don't eat the wool." "No, don't play with the yarn."

I'm working on my bitchiness. I don't want to be one of those people. You know the ones, they stand around at the water cooler (or next to the door and smoke), have a pepetucual scowl, and bitch about everything. "Oh PUL-ease, did you see how they tried to bribe us with coffee." While violently making eye contact anyone dumb enough to be in the same general area.

Anyway, here at the datamine, we have to use a database. (Yes, it does work that way.) In Wednesday's meeting, it was mandated, "you WILL use this work around to do your job." The problem? The work around is crap. It's just as slow. It's on a remote system, so the graphics are giving me a headache. It's hard to read in some screens. I've changed the background colors, which does help a little. Where is the line between being whiny - it's just as slow; and legitimate complaints - it's hard to read; I'm getting headaches.

1 comment:

Amy Lane said...

Congrats on the the spinning--I'd be terribly jealous, but I don't think the house or the kids can handle one more craft right now... I am jealous of the bitchiness--can you e-mail me some? It appeals to me much more than the 'poor pitiful me' thing that I've been kicking out of the house with interest this weekend...