Wednesday, February 21

I'm feeling way better, even better then yesterday. Now Grilltech has it.

Yesterday was a comedy of errors. I had about five lines wrote for the post and never got around to posting it. I did get the homespun balled, just need to finish the other mitt before I start Grilltech's. I didn't make it to spinning class, so I'll go tonight. The nice thing about Fuzz being my LYS, they're flexible.

I did make it to knitting last night. I remembered to put the tape measure in my Crown Royal bag* and put the pattern under it, so I wouldn't forget it. (What I didn't remember: money, cell phone, and needles.) I place my order, go to pull out my wallet and it's not there. I check for my phone, because I live right down the street and Grilltech can come bring me money. Nope, no phone. Red-faced, I 'splain I need to borrow their phone so I can have money brought because I'm a dumbass. Thankfully, I've been going there enough they semi-know me and are okay with waiting.

Grilltech has had the same cell phone number forever. I don't remember it because I put it in my cell phone and just press the #2 and it dials. I dial a number, I hope is correct and some strange guy answers. (Good thing it was a guy, because I'd be up in arms if a female had answered.) "Uhh, Grill?" "Nope, wrong number." Crappy! I think hard before I dial again. This time I was lucky and got the number right. Grilltech was sweet enough to come bail me out; with the 100 bill he earned by re-loading an OS for my Aunt. The clerk was asking for change from the other till. I was worried they wouldn't be able to break it and neither of us have a bank card. Thankfully they had enough, so I was able to have my coca. I picked a good table and waited for the others to show up.

I go to start the mitt, and I don't have any needles. At this point, I should have realized it was time to go home. But I figured I would stay a bit and see if anyone would show up, I did have my PDA so I wasn't completely bored. About a minute later, S showed up. (Remember S, the one who had to have the gauntlet pattern?) She had a question about the thumb gusset. 'It will be too long.' So, just use 11 stitches, instead of 13. You can do that, its allowed, honest. (The knitting police won't show up and haul your ass off to jail. Tactfully, I only thought the last part.) Sock student never shows up and S is really worried because student is having a hard time at this point in her life. So, I run home, because I only live less then five minutes away. Call her, turns out she's feeling really crappy and won't be able to make it. I'll call her today and see how she's doing.

* Classy, I know.

4 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

Damn, sounds like you had a rough day. I've had days like that, it just seems like nothing is going to go right.

Rae said...

LOL on the Crown Royal bag. Consider it shabby chic. ;) LOL.

And well, as for the day, consider it a day that got a whole bunch of crap out of the way making way for the next several days to be stellar. One can hope!

Carrie Penny said...

Thank you very much for such a nice comment on my blog last night (well night for me, us east coaster and our silly night time)... I am glad that it seems I am on the right track with this stuff...you will have to come back and read the post about my going to the grocery store yesterday, it is sure to be funny!

Mr. Shife said...

Hopefully the rest of your work was more peaceful. Hope Grilltech is feeling better. And RYC your comment about running time, a good professional runner probably finishes a half-marathon in about 65-75 minutes, which is cruising. Probably a pace of about 5 minutes and some change. I am just hoping for a pace of 7 minutes and 30 seconds when I run.