Monday, February 26

Broad Street Mittens
Finished the Broad Street Mittens on Saturday. Big hint, knit the flap first and on round four (or three) of the knit six, do a K2tog. It saved time and the seam is barely visible.

Sunday was spent knitting and spinning. I kept trying to get the Mohair to spin, it wouldn't work. I was getting frustrated so I walked away. Came back to try it again, still not able to get it to start spinning. So I moved over to the raw wool, figuring it would be easier. No, still not able to get the lead. Finally I look down and say, what happens if I ease the tension? Sure enough, I'm off and spinning. I finished off the dark wool and then went back to the gray Mohair. Still have a bit to do and the wheel goes back on Wednesday.

I started on Grilltech's half finger mitts. I'm using the homespun. There are a couple of spots I'm worried about, because it was spun about the size of thread. I'm thinking I'll duplicate stitch over the spots so I won't worry about them breaking.

The database is having a temper tantrum again this morning. Thankfully, I got the weekend reports completed before the crash. Now I just have to figure out if I'll be able to get today's reports completed.

I've decided I'm going to make another pair of dragon socks from the Tofutsies Owl colors. It should be a very interesting coloring pattern. I'll post pictures soon as there is enough to show. Right now it's just a first row and a cuff.

5 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

The Broadstreet mittens look good. I thought about making a pair for myself for next winter. :)

Carrie Penny said...

Those are nifty! Nifty knits rock! I have been addicted to fingerless or half fingered gloves/mittens since I started knitting last year. Quick to work up and they are great to practice new techniques on!

Julie said...

Nice mitteny gloves. (Glovey mittens?) I almost wish I lived somewhere cold enough to need something like that. Almost.

My e-mail address is on the bottom of my web page, and my profile, but here it is: JTheaker@sc.rr.com. Or you can 'conversation' me through my Etsy shop. Whatever works for you. :)

Mr. Shife said...

Pretty cool. Nicely done indeed.

Amy Lane said...

Ooooh....I need to see the tofutsies socks!!! Need to--I've got some of that and I want to know how it knits!!!