Friday, October 27

I started my Dragon Scale socks yesterday. In fact I've got the ribbing completed. Worked out my new pattern for the feminine pair of socks.
I'm sure the lavender isn't girly enough. Anyway, the new pattern is right here:
Row 2: p, k1, YO, ssk, k4, k2tog, k3, YO, k1, p2, k9, p2, k1, YO, k3, ssk, k4, k2tog, YO, k1,

Strange, I knit my (second) row and I was off by two stitches. Had to adjust the ending two stitches out, which is really odd, I did the math in Excel. It added up to 40, but when I knit it, it was 42. I don't get it, oh well.

I started the cuffed sock pattern last night. I don't think one row of knit is going to be enough for the fold over. I'm debating if I should frog them back and add two rows. Yeah, I think I will, I want them to have a nice little crease where they can be folded over.

Anyway, our anniversary is next week. I'm thinking I'll try the Disco's Hot and Tangy New York Strip Steaks. They sound terrific and I know Grilltech would be willing to grill them for us.

I figured out what I'm making my dad for Christmas. A pair of gloves for Bob Tree. Bob Tree was a childhood icon. A legend. Bob Tree used to have six fingers on one hand. Because he couldn't find glove to him, one finger froze off. I guess no one loved him enough to knit him a pair of gloves. I think he needs a pair.

No comments: