Monday, October 16

Went to the new LYS called: "Fuzz", spent more money then I expected.
(I should point out I'm a hardcore e-bayer.) I picked up two skeins of Opal. They are really lovely. Can't wait to finish the Dragon Scale to make myself some socks. I've got three yarns queued up for my socks. Now I have to decide which ones I want to knit first. The solid purples, the Opal
Petticoat 1296
, or the Opal Petticoat 1298.

Anyway, so we're walking out of the new LYS and I'm still petting the new acquires. Grilltech leans over and says, does all sock yarn cost that much? I just had to laugh at him. He may have more socks then I do, but mine cost more. Evens out in the long run. Oh wait, I'll be head in about four pairs.

Spent most of Sunday figuring how to darn socks. I repaired two of Grilltech's and one pair of mine. Worked on the sleeve to the sweater. It's getting close to being completed, then its the long haul for the body of the sweater. (The body of the sweater goes round and round.) Guess the same thing can be said for the sleeves.

It's getting close to knitting time, my favorite part of the day. Should get a couple of rounds completed on the pattern. Really not enough to get pictures of for the blog. Grilltech asked if I was working on a sleeve here at work. (Picture eye roll.) Nope, working on your sock. Then I laughed and said, do you know how much a sweater would cost made from this stuff? Not to mention how long I'd be knitting on it? Size one needles to make a sweater?! I think not.

All though, I have been thinking about getting some wool/silk blend to make a sweater. More along the size of six or four maybe. Grilltech's mom sent me set of size fours. I'll have to think about this...

I need to hurry up and win the lottery.

No comments: