Sunday, October 8

Drinking and math do not go together. Well, the math was mostly correct. (Picture an eye roll here.) After I finished a baby sweater last night, I asked if Grilltech would wear a sweater made in the raglan style. Grilltech has a favorite sweater he wears all the time. So I went and measured the sweater, figured out my gauge, and cast on. Something isn’t quite right, its way too big! (At this point, I should state the sweater is huge.)

First off, 45*2 does not equal 70. Don’t ask me why I thought it did, must have been the adult beverages I had consumed. Recounted the gauge again, this time using four inches, instead of the two I had been using. Do the math again and my gauge is dead on. Measure his wrist, cast on again, and frown because it still looks way too big. Does everyone else but me remember diameter is not the same thing as circumference?

I measure again, this time, I use the knitting, and stitch markers. Count the stitches, add two for a bit of ease, and I’m off and knitting. I’m all ready up to four inches on the sleeve.




On Friday, I started on the heels for the Dragon Scale socks. They’re coming right along.



I'm not all real keen on the "racing stripes" down the sides, but at this point I'm not going to frog them. On my pair, I'll do some quick figuring and put something else in.

No comments: