Monday, October 23


I was happily knitting along, it was day 22 of the Sock Hop and I had reached the heel flap. I had knitted 7.5 inches, knit the heel, was getting ready to turn for the heel. I looked how many I should have left after the turn, when it happened. I could not believe my eyes. Three simple words. Knit 7 inches.

All knitting on the sock stopped. I could not bring myself to to rip it out at home. Just way to depressing. So this morning, I did what needed to be done. It was ripped back, heel flap and many rounds of the leg. I put the sock back on the needles and knitted one round to console myself. I frogged back to 6.75. Figured better to over frog then under.

Went to break, knit a couple of rounds on the sock. Measured again, now I'm ready to start the heel. Might even get the heel finished today. Then I won't have lost to much ground. I did manage to get the heel turned and started on the gusset.


Saturday morning, I woke up at 5:30 and could not sleep. So I casted on the body of Grilltech's sweater. Worked about two rows then went back to bed. By Sunday night, I had several inches to go. Been playing Civ and just knitting, round and round and round and round. I've conquered the Japanese. The Egytians are next, I should be able to get about two or three more inches from this game. I'm not overly sure I'll be able to get this sweater finished by the end of the month. Oh well.

Saturday night, we went and watched some of the Orionid meteor shower. It was pretty cold out there. I'm going to knit myself some thrummed mittens and Grilltech wants another hat for the one he "lost". He says, someone stole it. But I can't image why someone would steal a knit hat. Anyway, for the 30 minutes (or so) we was there, did see three or four meteors. They wasn't amazing, but it was nice to get out and look at the night sky.

No comments: