Update

Thursday, Perky and I went to the LYS and knitted for about an hour. We got home and Grilltech was out prepping the grill for dinner. The house smelled of wonderful brisket. Odd, because we were going to have fish for dinner. I stepped out onto the back step. Next thing I know, my left ankle is twisted and I'm falling. I hit the back of my head on the table - thankfully it's plastic. With help I'm able to get up and ice my ankle. I request the gate is taken down so I can hobble to the bedroom.

Friday wasn't any better. I found I could put some weight on my left foot if it's at a slight angle. By 0900, I'm in so much pain, I leave early. I get a new brace because - as it turns out - I gave the one I had to the Eldest. More ice and ibuprofen. The entire weekend was pretty much sitting in Grilltech's chair, ice on my left ankle part of the time and a brace the rest of the time. Since

concentration wasn't my strong suit, I worked on another bag. Big and pretty much mindless. I was able to get one completed. And because if I'm seriously going to be using these bags, I need more than one; I've started another. The trellis lace pattern is way to mindless, so I'm going through the book of patterns and finding a lace pattern that can be about 32 stitches wide. I've had to tweak both of them, but the bags are turning out lovely.

Today, I'm still a bit short tempered and sore. It doesn't help that the power has gone out here. Stupid generators. I guess they have enough gas to last for days. Ick. Grilltech thinks it's the first strike from the zombies. An hour and a half later the power is back on. It's hot in here still.

Red talks about Dollhouse; but I've never heard of it. Anyone else have any comments on it?

3 comments:

roxie said...

Major bummer! Is the ankle feeling any better now?
And we STILL don't know why the house smells of brisket when he's cooking fish.

The bags are great! You're hot stuff! Heal fast.

emicat said...

Oi! Hope the swelling and pains gone down on your ankle - that's not fun!

Dollhouse started a little slow, but it gets a little more interesting. can't pass up a Joss Whedon show :) I think the 2nd season got picked up, so we'll see how the series progresses.

Amy Lane said...

So sorry about your ankle, sweets! I read ahead and it's still not great... bummer. Feel better.

I've actually seen Dollhouse--and I REALLY loved it. Whedon is the MASTER at the prickly relationship... and guess who Alpha is... c'mon... guess!!