Secret Pal 14

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Wool blends are good. I don't care for knitting with acrylics, but they are required for babies and some muggles.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a large plastic case, which used to be my knitting bag.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I'd say more of a fearless knitter than advanced. I'm always open to learn new things and try something. First time maybe ugly, but the second or third time is very refined. I took up knitting about 1999/2000; I needed something to keep myself busy.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No, don't really shop on Amazon.

5. What's your favorite scent? Lavender/vanilla

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Chocolate almond is the best.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I make simple beaded necklaces and bracelets. I know how to spin, but would rather knit.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) My musical tastes vary, I do use my computer as a non-portable MP3 player. I like Enya, Foreigner, Disturbed, Offspring, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Alan Parsons.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love purples and blues. Can't really say I hate bright orange.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married 19 years this year. Two grown daughters and one granddaughter. We have four cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves and mittens yes. Hats and ponchos no.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Socks! (Because they are portable.)

13. What are you knitting right now? I always have socks on the needles. Currently working on a vest for Grilltech. I'm thinking about working on the peacock shawl for me.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I mostly use circular's (Addi's) or Bamboo DPNS.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes to both

17. How old is your oldest UFO? I've got an afghan that's been in time out for about six years now

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe? Spring Equinox - sex and candy, need I say more? We do Christmas, but the Winter Solstice makes me happy because I know the days are getting longer.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Penguins!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Hyrna Herborgar Shawl. I don't have any subscriptions to mazagines to many patterns to choose from on the internet.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Yes, but I can't think of what they'd be. I pick up a pattern, cuz it looks interesting, then realize I don't know how to do that.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes, I knit socks. My foot is 9.5 inches.

23. When is your birthday? 12 June

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? I'm Knittech on Ravelry.

No comments: