Tuesday, January 16


It was a good weekend. On Monday I went down and spent a couple hours at Fuzz. Since I didn't bring my knitting, I just sat and chatted. After a while, I was going to leave and come back with knitting. They sat me down with some Tofutsies and had me get started knitting a display sock for the store. Love this yarn, will buy some for me. It's soft! I keep looking at the pattern trying to figure it out until I realized, I like it. (Of course I do, its in shades of purples.)

The day was interesting here at the data mine. I went forward in time to ensure vacations are lined up. Then I started attendance. Only to figure out I was in the wrong week. Thankfully I caught it, because it would have caused a problem if I hadn't. PK (Phonekiller) is trying to get her paycheck straightened out. We all know, don't mess with money.

Who says we don't have fun at the mines? I'm working away, and I hear a bee. Instinctively I flinch away, closing my eyes, I'm deathly afraid of bees. My mind going a mile a minute, kicks in and I thinking, it's winter and freaking cold, where did this bee come from? Why is closing my eyes going to help? Is it the youngling thought of "I can't see it, it's not there" thing? Turns out Griller was unzipping his bag and scared the hell out of me. I had to tell him and laugh at the whole thing.

2 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

OOOhhh I love the colors. I may have to get me some of that yarn. I love trying new yarns. Is Fuzz carrying this yarn now?

Saren Johnson said...

Yip, they're carrying it. It is a 50% superwash wool, 25% soysilk, 22.5% cotton and 2.5% chitin (made from shrimp and crab shells). I can't wait to wear a pair of these. I can feel the difference between Tofutsies and Opal.