Monday, January 22

Saturday's sock knitting class was confusing. I have two students who have made socks in the past, but wanted to take the class to see if they could learn anything new. Okay. Third student has been knitting maybe a month. I would like to stress the maybe. She's going to struggle through out this three week class. I just hope she makes it.

The eldest did come over and work on her baby sweater. We're up to row 20 (or is that 21?) of the yoke. She said, I get the pattern. I can do this, but you have to stay with me. I think most people feel that way. She also borrowed my Knitting on the Edge book. I'd forgotten I had it.

Grilltech did some pork chops on Saturday night. They were awful. (The pork chops about was 2 inches thick, just didn't grill well at all.) Which is okay, because my roasted potatoes were way to hot. Only added about three passes, but they were WARM! Sunday's dinner more then made up for Saturday's. Grilltech made grilled chicken, slathered in BBQ sauce. I made a tomato, onion, cucumber salad with green olives and feta cheese. Even the picky one (the youngest) thought it was great and wanted to hog the whole bowl.

My February spinning class has been paid for. Looking forward to the class. I have some roving I need to spin. Don't have a clue as what I'll be making with it, but something will happen with it.


Dad is coming to town today. (The big city, Bois Angeles, as he calls it.) I need to get a cuff measurement so I can get the started on his birthday present. I'm thinking I want to do a fair isle snow flake type of thing. Not sure I want to do the collar or around the bottom. The bottom would be more unique; collars are all over the place. Not to mention, I'll be using acrylic, because wool is too hard to deal with, IE you mean special washing?! I think I'm going to need to pick up a set of size eight circulars. Ooh a reason to spend money.

I picked up the materials to start on N's gloves. I picked up two skeins, I'm sure she's going to freak out at the cost of materials. On the plus side, I don't have to make fingerless gloves for her, just mittens. I have a person who wants a pair of the fingerless gloves with the cap on them. I really should make his pair and be done with it. I think I will once I finish the Opal sock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the roving...something will suggest itself... (I love it when that happens!!!) (amy lane--blogger won't let me log in today...)