Monday, January 29


Dad's sweater is quickly becoming the knit project from hell. DP's didn't work well for knitting the sleeve with the pattern in it. So I tried the ML method, it was okay, but the cabling is much too stiff. Go buy another set, not the set I wanted, but another set*. Still no luck, but keep struggling along. Notice a mistake in the knitting, set the sleeve aside. Play a game of Civ4, pick back up the knitting and rip it back. Cast on the correct number of stitches and start working on the body. Sometimes its just easier to know when to give up the fight. The body is coming along smashingly**.

While I was at the store, I picked up two skeins of Noro, wool/silk blend. (Shhh, don't tell Grilltech, he wasn't paying attention. Maybe he was and just chose to ignore the purchase.) I'm thinking of making a pair of fingerless mitts. I picked up two, because I don't know how much I'll need.

I did work on Icuras. I'm now up to row 32. No where near the end or even the middle at this point, but each row does help. I'm almost completed with the gusset on the Opal sock. I want to hurry up and finish them so I can get started on something else. Worked with the eldest on the baby sweater. She's started the increases for the sleeves. I was going along with the pattern, but with my difference in numbers, it wasn't working correctly. I'll need to get the correct numbers and do my math.

Quick breakdown: 123 is 100%

Front: 20 or 16%
Sleeve: 23 or 19%
Back: 37 or 30%

The database here at the datamine is dangerously slow. I'm thinking it's going to crash on me again***.

* The other set is on order. I'll be getting a phone call when they come in.
** Smashingly? Is that a legal word?
*** Notice the AGAIN part. It booted me out completely at one point.

1 comment:

Lovs2Knit said...

Your sweater troubles sound kinda similar to my troubles getting my sisters socks started. The socks went flying across the room.