Friday, January 18

Yesterday the first Opal sock was finished. I was at work, so of course the second one was started. While I was knitting, three people come bother me. How do you keep track of all the color changes? It's the way the yarn is dyed. Last night, the eldest's husband asked the same thing. I told him, I have LOTS of ends to weave in. He got this incredulous look on his face. I had to laugh and tell him the truth.

The eldest has figured out she can knit. She's been working on a scarf, which looks pretty good. She was wearing a pink sweater that she wants another one just like it, only with a hood. I looked at her and said, we'll start you out with a baby sweater then move you up to the adult sizes. So I dug out a baby pattern and sat and knitted row for row with her. Hers is a white sweater, while mine is a variegated one that will deviate quite dramatically from hers when the yoke is completed.

She wants to hurry up and complete this project so she can start another, so she's coming over on Saturday to work on it. I have sock class that day, when I get done working with socks, I'm going to be working on a sweater. Good deal. I should write down my steps so when I do the sweater class, I'll have them written down. (Sounds like a very good plan, think I'll follow it?)

Data mine can be very frustrating at times. Bust my butt to complete a project, only to be told the next day. Remove 1/5th of what you've done. (ACKK!!) The only thing that makes me feel remotely better is the fact, I was warned something it might happen.

I think both girls would like one of these corsets. Since neither of the girls wear anything I knit for them, I don't won't bother making them one...

3 comments:

Heather said...

i wear the sweater you made all the time.... so there...

Saren Johnson said...

Yes, but you're not one of my children.

Heather said...

Yes but you did not even make the sweater for me, and i still wear it a lot... :) Sure you do not want to adopt me???