Friday, January 26

Dinner was okay last night, it was just us and the parental units. The place was packed. We got there about 17:30, started eating about ten minutes later. I was ready to gnaw on the lead based paint at that point. We finished and chatted. Checked the time and it was close to 19:00. It was time for us to leave. They stayed because others were on their way in.

Cleared it with Dad, about the snow flakes going up the sleeves. (Are they going to be on the bottom or the top? Hmm top, but if you want them on the bottom.... Top is fine.) Now I'm seriously thinking about adding them on the bottom also just to be a brat. Course that means having to add them to the body of the sweater, so they are lined up... I'll need to think on that. Don't want to add too much work here. Now I've just need to figure out the body pattern. I'm thinking diamonds. I'm thinking squares. I'm thinking I'll just stop while I'm ahead.

Today Granny would have been 90. It has been a year since she's passed. I still miss going and knitting with her. We would talk and she would ohh and ahh the lastest project.

2 comments:

Amy Lane said...

Your so lucky your parental units let you knit for them...I get a lot of..."mmmnnn...no. you know I don't need anything..." And my favorite--my first adult pair of wool socks in fingering wt. yarn, turned out GREAT... my mom? "Can I put some rubber stuff on the bottom of these so I can wear them around the house?"

I said no.

Saren Johnson said...

He mostly likes the socks. She wore the sweater so much it's stretched out and she needs a new one.