Monday, January 8

It was a good weekend. On Saturday night, I was thinking it was Sunday. Grilltech set me straight, no alarm setting. Sunday night sleep was heavy and not very refreshing. Strange Battle Star Galactica dreams, after spending the day watching season 2.5, is it any wonder?

Grilltech's sweater is coming right along. I'm now doing the Raglan decreases. Instead of having boring Stockinette, I've gone with cabling. (First cable to front, second cable to the back.) Only have two cables so far, but it seems pretty neat looking. It also helps with the counting decreases.

I didn't so any research on the different heel or toe for the current sock. Guess the heel is going to be a Dutch heel. (It's not quite the same as a Dutch Cowboy.) I still have time to do a different toe, so I'll need to drag out the books and research.

The Samurai Knitter wanted to see where I knit. I have three set places. I can only show pictures of two, because there is a "no camera" policy at work. I could take a picture of the building, but if you've seen one square brick building, you've seen them all.


First spot is my desk. I'll play turn based games and knit. Notice the green blob on the keyboard? That's Grilltech's sweater. It's getting close.


Notice the Granny Square blanket on my chair? That is the youngest's project. She's making us a throw to sit and be warm. See Uggy? She's my cat. She'll tolerate Grilltech and the kids, but I'm her favorite human.


Second spot is where I knit and watch TV. Mostly knit, I'd rather listen to music, then watch TV.


See these skeins of yarn? They belong to the youngest's project. And I keep picking up about one inch trimmings of yarn from around the house.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Yay, photos! Thanks!

I'm sure picking up yarn ends not your own is annoying, but how wonderful that the kids are crafters too. I have great hope for The Baby but it's too soon. Enjoy!

Amy Lane said...

Nice space! And I have those yarn-ends moments too--they're just not cute when they're not yous!!!

Lovs2Knit said...

Your Uggy looks like our Skitz. Skitz has more darker brown/black splotches. She also has a major attitude. The only person she really loves is my hubby...she's definitely a one human cat. She just tolerates everyone else...lol.