Tuesday, May 1st

Last night while brushing my teeth, I'm thinking to myself the hot water isn't very hot. Tepid doesn't even begin to cover it. I shrugged and decided it wasn't a big deal; I didn't have the water running very long. This morning at 0345, I get up and start the shower. After five minutes, I'm about to get in and notice THERE. IS. NO. STEAM. I reach and see if I've got the handle over to HOT, it is. Shut off the water and turn it back on, HOT. I reach in and test again, sure enough, there is no hot water. My muddled brain is trying to figure out how to get a shower and make it to work on time but there isn't any hot water. Unable to do so, I turn off the shower, about the time Grilltech stumbles into find out why the chamber of blessed hot water isn't running. I summarize no hot water. He promptly decides to call in sick, because someone has to stay home and ensure the hot water heater works, after the pilot light has been lit. I called in late and crawled back into bed for another three hours of sleep. I made it to work by 0845 this morning, only to find out, water has been turned off to the building... I can't win.

I brought my knitting with me, but never made it away from the desk to take a break. I did finish the cuff last night, now I'm trekking towards the heel. I can start on the sweater again, now that I'm down to one sock on the needles.

Hope everyone else had a great day also.

2 comments:

Carrie Penny said...

I think it is funny I can relate somehow to many different stories. We live in an older house that we well maintained, however, the things you can't see weren't replaced frequently... One morning we woke up and tried to shower and the hot water ran out in about 2 minutes of running. I went into the garage to see if the hot water heater was okay... The garage was floating in about 2 inches of water. Troy tried to fix it...next thing I know there is a heavy spray coming out of the top of the heater... It took a plumber 4 hours to re-weld the connector back on cleaning it out for us to shower... Ours at least was a Saturday...

sheila said...

sorry to hear about the hot water heater! that is the worst! our's went our on the 23 of December and didn't get fixed until the 26th, due to the holiday! good luck and hopefully you will have hot water ASAP!