Wednesday, May 2nd

Thank you for the hot water wishes. Turns out the pilot light went out. I had Grilltech light it up and it was good to go. We'll want to turn up the thermal stat, so we have hot water, not almost hot.

I've been daydreaming about a bagel - toasted bagel - with cream cheese. Don't really know why, other then we haven't had bagels in months. Fall out of not having water yesterday, today there is no ice. Stupid broken water pipe at work.

I didn't knit last night, instead I thought about plots. I'm going to go the dark and twisted route, because it has plenty of opportunity for conflict. Conflict, good characters, and a plot are the keys to a good story isn't it? Problem is I have two different possibilities, both can be twisted. In one, the "golden" age returns, all is right with the world. In the other, it's the tail end of the golden age, the noble ideals of the original leaders have been warped and twisted into something no longer good. Off the top of my head I can think of a couple of stories that have that plot line.

I did knit about 12 rows today at break. Knitting is good. I'm not sure what I'm going to be working on tonight. I want to get going on those gloves, but I still have Dad's sweater to work on. I'll mostly work on the gloves, they are quick to kick out and they'll be done. Done is good.

It's pouring rain out there, should I make Grilltech grill the pork chops for dinner tonight?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hubby's glad for the rain since he's responsible for watering the yards. :~)
Do you think a little rain will stop him from grilling?