Wednesday, May 16th


I've been working on a pair of mittens for the shop. Things have been going well, until well, I screwed up. Can you see it? No? How about now? I'll be dropping one stitch down and re-knitting one stitch at time. Then I'll be able to finish the mitten and start the second one. I've decided I'm not writing patterns out for classes anymore. People seem to understand better when they have to write their own pattern. Plus I'm lazy.

I'm about ready to start the toe on the blue sock. Then I'll be starting a pair for me. Opals. Because this is suppose to be the year of me. So far I've made stuff for other people. Hmm, I think I need to re-evaluate. Okay, I've got the baby shower invites addressed and I'll need to pick up stamps to get them in the mail. The youngest wants a graduation party. Fine, I've done those invites as well. Mostly people, who have been a part of her life, well since she was born.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I've been doing the same thing....I think 90% of what I've knit so far this year has been for others.

Carrie Penny said...

I like the colors... very classic...

Amy Lane said...

That's a very classy looking mitten... and I'm with you on the 90% thing... but that's okay-- the cave troll re-discovered his 'duck sweater'--he was feeling sick and he slept in it for two days. It's terribly felted now, but he loves it. It's worth it to make for other people...

sheila said...

I love the "year of me" line!!! Classic, because isn't it the case that a knitter will rarely knit something for themselves! I still don't have anything that I have made just for me. I do have some purses that I use, but they were meant to be sold and never went, so they don't really count!