Monday, May 14th

Mother's day dinner - on Saturday night - was smashing. The Eldest and husband came over for dinner. We made Philly cheese steak trenchers. Had half a sandwhich leftover for lunch. Only because Grilltech served up the food. After everyone cleared out, we went star gazing. Left the house about 2130 and made it home about 2330. We saw eight to ten satilites. Grilltech saw four (or was it five) meteors. I saw one. We sat there chatted and overall relaxed. It was great fun, now I have a need for a shawl. Before I couldn't see a use for one, but sitting out there in the desert I could have used one.

I've got pictures of what I got. I'll post them when I'm not so tired.

I've been tagged for the eight random things:

1 I'm a geek. I watch shows and point out their tactical mistakes. It comes from being a RPGer and the wife of a miniature gamer. Idiots, can't hide behind a car and shoot at people, bullets go through cars. (Thanks Mythbusters!) Why are they letting them set up before shooting at them? Don't they want to win? (sigh)

10 I'm a tech. I can install hardware/software, troubleshoot problems and know most MS Office products. I make Grilltech do most of the stuff for my computer, because I'd rather knit.

3 I don't do gauge by swatching then doing the math. I start knitting that sleeve for the sweater, when it's long enough I check to see if it fits. If it does, I'm good, otherwise I rip back and start again. I always start with sleeves. I think it makes the sweater go faster.

4 When I'm teaching people, I'll explain a concept repeatedly as needed. When they begin to get the idea, I'll ask, "are you sure?" Even if they're right, because I want them to get it, not just throw back what I'm saying. The squirrels (girls) really hate it when I do that. Because they never know if I'm just testing them or they forgot something and need to be told what it is.

5 I've been making lists of things to do. It's been helping. Sure I still ignore stuff I don't want to do, but I end up completing it at some point.

6 I always play the Devil's Advocate. It helps me think out side the box and it ties into random factiod #4.

7 There are 10 types of people, those who can't count and those who will get this joke.

8 Grilltech and I have been married for 17 (almost 18) years, and we still enjoy hanging out together.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mother's day here was pretty nice. We didn't do anything special but the kiddo made some things for me at school. :~)

Amy Lane said...

Thanks for the me-me!!!! I can't count...what am I missing:-) I'm glad it was a happy mother's day... sometimes those moments are just very sweet...

roxie said...

I like to critique the TV as well. I figure people hide behind cars not so much for protection as for a screen.

Carrie Penny said...

You aren't a geek, you are informed... and just for the record, you are the only other person that I have ever heard loved to "hang out" with their husband. We have a blast just chilling and chatting about things... Actually, you sound an awful lot like me...

Sandra said...

Love the Mythbusters! I want to be one...
I had a great Mom's Day as well.

Mr. Shife said...

Congrats on the happy marriage. I look forward to those days with my lovely wife. We have been together 10, but only married for 2 1/2 years. Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day as well. As a former copy editor, I tend to notice stuff too when I am watching TV shows.