Monday, May 7th

Sunday afternoon I lassoed Grilltech and drug him out of the house kicking and screaming for a walk. He kept hissing towards the day star, whining it burns, it burns and would try to slink back towards the cool, dark lair. After a while, he merely squinted up to towards the glowing orb in the sky and grunt bright, while he tried to untie the rope. (Thankfully, all those years of playing with string taught me a thing or two about making knots.) I had to reassure him, the day star was supposed to be bright. He wasn't so sure. By the time we made it half way around the block he remember he was Ooman not a dwarf. I will say, he was happy to return to the lair when we finished.

Saturday night, Grilltech made salmon and a huge ass trout for the Eldest. It was a good dinner, with roasted vegetables as a side. Tonight's dinner is left over salmon with pasta.

I picked up a pair of size 2 lace Additurbo's, this weekend. I'm knitting socks on them, but will use them for lace at some point in time. They are very pointy. Once in a while I'll stab my finger with them. Thankfully I haven't blooded them. Hey, maybe I can make a pair of +5 Additurbo's, so I'll knit even faster then I do now or would I always get gauge?

I'm working on the mittens. I've finally figured out the pattern to use. The single color stitch every fourth stitch wasn't working for me, so I'm doing every other one. It's looking pretty spiffy. Hope to get one finished by the end of the week.

Today at work, I managed to lock myself out of one of the systems. I had to go chat with the IT guys to get it unlocked. I also had to change my password this morning. It didn't like the new password, but wouldn't accept the old one. So a return trip to the IT guy to have the password reset. This time it worked, so instead of laying my head on my desk and napping, I'm working.

Last night, about 0030, I hear the white one attacking the TP. I roll out of bed because I'm right next to the bathroom, and I'm heading in there. She's no where to be found, course I didn't turn on the light to check. I shrug and go back to bed because I must have imaged the whole thing. This morning, I can see where she had attacked the poor defenseless TP. She must have hid behind the door so she wouldn't get yelled at. Anyone want (spawn of satan), er a cat?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol...poor Grilltech. I'll be doing something similar to that when the temp hits into the 90's. I'll be slinking back to the comfort of my AC...I do not handle heat very well. :~)

Rae said...

Hm, do you think if we got your spawn of satan together with my spawn of satan they'd cancel each other out (as in two negative numbers make a positive, not as in one kills the other or they kill each other).

I don't know what's worse - the tp being unrolled or cat puke on the floor. Gross. ;(

Carrie Penny said...

I love satan kitties! They are the best! When they get older they make great gaurd kitties! Mine hated my neighbor before I got married and she would try to attack him through the second story window every morning at 6am. I knew Troy was the man for me b/c when he first came in to my apt. she curled up on his lap and fell instantly to sleep.

roxie said...

We have black cats who are only a shadow in the dark. Whit cats have to work HARD to hide. Cunning little crapweasle!

Mr. Shife said...

I have heard about those kind of cats, and that is why I am a dog person. He occasionally takes a drink from the porcelain goddess and that is about it. And way to make Grilltech get out there and enjoy some sunshine.