Wednesday, May 9th

Last night, I worked a couple of rounds on the mitten. Instead of increasing to 12, I'll go to 14. The two colors aren't as stretchy as a single color. Only two more increases to go, then the thumb will be mostly finished. Then I'll do the decreases for the top part of the thumb. I'll just have the body to finish. It's almost done. In my mind!

Tonight I'll be sitting down at the doc-in-the-box with the youngest, because she doesn't want to go alone. More knitting time for me, sure I won’t have coffee and people to talk about stuff with, but I’ll be knitting. Not sure if I'll be making it to knitting tonight or not, because those places are slow as glaciers. I won't mention the germ infestation, I just won't. I got lucky, I just gave her money and sent her down by herself.

I've started the heel on the blue socks. I've brought the first sock along with me, because I don't want a repeat of the Bookwyrms. They have two different heels, a square and a dutch. I didn't realize until afterwards the error and by then, it was too late. Heck, even Grilltech didn't know they weren't the same. No one knows but you, me and the lamp post. So let’s keep it that way.

Fish heads, fish heads, rolley-polley fish heads. Eat them up, yum! Yesterday I come home and there is a nasty rotting smell. I look at the child and tell her, time to haul the trash. She tells me, done Mom. Sure enough she has but the smell is there. After a fruitless search, I give up and go knit in the family room. Every once in a while, the smell wafts through the house. Eventually, I'm driven to try and locate the source of the vile odor. Grilltech finally looks up and says, maybe it's the fish head from Saturday night that's in the trash. I close the window, sure enough the smell goes away. Thankfully today is trash day, and the Fish head will be gone.

1 comment:

Amy Lane said...

I remember that song! (Nice new look, knittech:-)