Tuesday, May 15th

I don't have any energy. I would complain about it, but that requires strength and I ain't got none.

For Mother's day the girls both picked out vases for me. The youngest gave me a lovely glass one that is HUGE. It would easily hold a dozen roses.















Since I don't have any of those, I filled it with what I have on hand... yarn.















The eldest gave me a darling raspberry cookie jar with a set of six cups and saucers. At first I thought it was a tea pot, but it wasn't. (I think the fact it has no spout clued me in right away.) Now I'll have something spiffy to put cookies in when the grand baby comes to visit.















Warning: computer knowledge being spewed!

The joke goes: there are 10 types of people, those who can count in binary and those who can't. (Random fact #7) In binary 10 means 2. Ready for the heavy lifting? There are only two states: 0 (false or off) or 1 (true or on). There are eight columns that when totaled give a result, think of an abacus. The joke really should read: there are 00000010 types of people, but then it wouldn't be as funny.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice gifts. I like the way you filled the vase. :~)

Carrie Penny said...

I love that cookie jar! That is so cute!

Amy Lane said...

What lovely Mom's day gifts... and nice pictures...

Kim said...

I love that geek joke! But I don't understand why you want to add the leading 0s?