Friday, May 18th

Yesterday was a busy one. PK had to go home because her sitter was sick and couldn't watch the kids. One of Gimpy's computers went down and she needed help getting her reports completed. I also had a bunch of schedules to update. I didn't have much time to do anything else but work. Okay, so that's a lie. I did read blogs between switching orgs.

I finished the blue sock. I've started mine. Hurrah for me! I love the colorway. It's called Feelings 1704 and I love the colors. They remind me of antiques and dusty roses. I'm thinking about dragging out one of the sock books that I have to see what pattern I can find to make. I picked up the sleeve last night, but my hands were too sweaty to work on it. Overall, I think I managed three rows while watching Lost.

Strange Days:
Example 1: The other day, we're home and trying to get dinner going. The next door neighbor comes over and asks: "Are you smoking weed?" Huh? "No, I don't smoke cigarettes any more, gave it up years ago." "No, no, meat! We've got a gas leak and want to make sure you're not smoking anything." "Oh," face flaming, "I thought you said something else..."

Example 2: It's 2030 at night, we've been a sleep for about two hours. Whack, tink, tink, tink. Half a sleep, what? Look around the darkened room. Nothing, but the vague shape of the one cats sitting in the window. Go back to sleep. Ten minutes later. Whack, tink, tink, tink. What-the-hell-is-that-white-blurry-thing-looking-in-the-window?! Spawn of Satan, er, Fran is hanging from the screen because she wants in. She has to jump from the ground to the screen, try to hang on and get our attention. The cat in the window mean while is taunting her. “Naw, Naw, I'm in the house... And your not...”

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to start some socks for myself.
OMG, LOL...loved the strange days examples.

GrillTech said...

You didn't mention that both of those "Strange day" things happened to me instead of you.

Carrie Penny said...

I love the strange days things... I have had those days and I just have no idea what is going on...

Sarah said...

Okay, but seriously? Who smokes meat in their house anyway?

Amy Lane said...

Ooooh...that rose color really is gorgeous...

And I'm glad to hear you're not smoking weed, or meat, or...well, that was a very wierd conversation wasn't it? (Spawn of Satan? You mean you have that cat too?)

Mr. Shife said...

Your two examples are quite amusing. I especially like the cat story. I sure hope the season finale of Lost is good.