Thursday, May 24th

Yes, I'm a slacker I know. I just didn't have much to say; I can only spew the same words over and over so many times, before it gets old.

I've finished the second sleeve of Dad's sweater. Went back to the body, I keep holding it up and wondering if it's long enough. I haven't stopped to measure. I figure since I haven't ran out of yarn yet, it's not long enough. Course, Dad has 23 inches on the inseam of his arm, so longer might be better.

My sock is coming along. I've started a pattern "Shell" from the Vintage Socks. It's a child's pattern, so I added another repeat. "Honey, does eight go into 72? I don't think it does." He gives me the look, you know the I-can't-believe-you-just-asked-something-so-incredibly-stupid look, before he gently tells me, "Yes, dear. Eight does go into 72, nine times." He's nice enough to leave the dumbass off, but I heard it anyway.

I was at coffee last night, I wasn't going to go because C called and she couldn't make it. Clingy One called and wanted to learn how to cast off (or bind off depending on your location). She spent an hour trying to recover from a mistake. Mean while I just worked on the sweater. High light of the evening, I had to drop down about 30 rows to fix a split stitch. Clingy just freaks out whenever stuff like that happens. Two people came over during our knitting and told her, what a lovely shawl she was working on. She starts on how it has mistakes on it. I tapped her on the arm and said, "just say thank you". She's learning, but it's slow.

Had a lady in the lunch room asking if I'd sell her socks. I told her no, but I'd be more then happy to teach her. She stopped and said, "I like that idea." She was telling me how Grandma was from New Foundland, and all they do there is knit socks and darn them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm constantly asking my hubby how times x goes into y. I hate math. I need to get a mini calculator to keep in my knitting corner. :~)
lol....I'd rather drop the stitch down 30 rows then to rip out all 30 rows.

Heather said...

One of these days i will actually make it to have coffee with you and maybe learn how to knit, but i think i might just be too uncoordinated to knit. My crochet blanket is coming along good tho.

Mr. Shife said...

Well I don't have much to say either except I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

Amy Lane said...

That's a good response... I HATE knitting for money, but I LOVE teaching people how to knit:-)