Very Little Knitting Post

We still don't have a camera, so no pictures of finished - well mostly finished - gloves. I still have one more black to finish, heck start. I'll most likely get two more pairs completed before the parental units come to pick them up.

Perky tried on her sock and was happy how it fit. Darn it! I'm about ready to turn the heel on the second one. I'll then make myself a set. I like how the socks are turning out. Which is a very good thing; because I have about three or four skeins of the yarn in the stash.

The weekend was pretty good. On Saturday, Grilltech, Perky and I went out to breakfast. We dropped Grilltech off and then we went to Hastings. I picked three more tubes of Burt's Bees, the flavor I like because no one else in town carries it. While we were there I found a set of three books which look interesting, but were $$. Perky calls the bookstore next to where Kommandant works. Turns out they had all three of the books and they were used, so they would be cheep, cheep cheap, cheap.

From there we went to the LYS on that side of town. I don't go over there often, because it's not as friendly as the one I hang out at. I picked up the second book of Barbara Walker's Treasury of Knitting. A good thing, because I had lent my copy of stitch patterns to the Eldest. She later called and wanted to know where she could pick up the book for herself. I told her she could keep it. They also have the first book. I may go back or send Grilltech there to pick it up.

After the LYS, Perky and I went to have our eye brows done. I went to pay, and the card didn't work. Huh?! I had been using the thing all morning and it just won't read any more? So they slide it again. Same thing, card error. Crappy. Perky steps up and pays. Sure, her card works fine.

We wander down to the book store, and I hunt through the knitting books to see if they have some I might want. They don’t, so I ask if they can order More Big Girl Knits*. They couldn't because they're distributor doesn't carry it. But they can get a copy of Knitter's Almanac. Since it's a special order, they want it pre-paid. I pull out the card and they run it. Again, the card errors. Frag. Perky pays, but makes them switch the order to her name, and she gets a better discount then what I had.

We go to the bank; I get some cash to pay Perky back. While we're there I order a new card. The guy tells me, your old card will be deactivated. No, really?! It's not working now, so I don't think it's going to be a problem.

Sunday we spent the day catching up on taped shows and watching movies. We taped the Andromeda Strain. I was a bit disappointed in the show, it left me with more questions then anything else. I won't even go into the paradox it created. Lost had some good moments. Sun whether she knows it or not, was taught by her father well. She'll get her blood. I am a bit curious to know if Jin is really dead. It did happen after the island left, but even after Michael left, he couldn't be killed. We watched Next with Nicholas Cage. I liked it. There were spots where I wasn't sure if it his power or him, until you see it pull back. They could easily make a second one where they left off at. I don't think it's going to happen.

One would think I'd figure out, the left's mouse will not work on the right's computer. I think I should invent a mouse that will work on.... (I stopped because I came up with a freaking!! brilliant idea.)

* Good present idea.

1 comment:

Lovs2Knit said...

Sounds like you all had a good time. I hate it when my debit card doesn't work. I always get the look from the cashier that says "ah so you're broke." They never seem to believe you when you say you have money in the bank. :~)