Sunday, December 31

Happy New Year's Eve!

I’ve not been posting much the past week. Sorry about that, work has been crazy and honestly, I’ve just been lazy.

I’ve finished the fish mittens. Overall, they look pretty good. We just won’t talk about how the thumb is higher on one mitten then the other. WE JUST WON’T! Since I knit mine in the round, there is really no going back and fixing them, without doing some crazy things. It doesn’t bother me too much.

I’ve started a pair of sock for me. Opal socks. The colors remind me of spring, some greens, yellows, whites and purples. I was going to do a basket weave pattern, but didn’t care for how it was turning out. Now it’s just a boring old Stockinette pattern. I know, I know, I received the Sensational Socks book and I’m just doing a boring pattern? Didn’t have it with me at the time, I think the next pair will be a bit exciting.

Grilltech’s sweater is coming along. I’ve finished the second sleeve and the ribbing on the body. Now it’s the LONG trek to the underarms. He likes his sweaters bodies to be very long. I’m thinking 24 inches should do the trick. Or at least I hope 24 inches will be enough.

1 comment:

Lovs2Knit said...

The fish mittens came out cute. My daughter loves the colors. :)