Friday, December 8



Finished sewing the cat blanket together. It looks really kewl as you can see. I'm only eight months and some odd days late.



The cats are indifferent when you force them to look at something. Fran is ready to bolt.



Peaches, however, was happy to lay in the basket with the new blanky. Peaches and Sabrina fight over who gets to sleep in the basket.

We need to get the cards signed and mailed, even if I'm not going to make cookies this year. Last year really sucked with Granny dying. This year seems to be going down the same way. Don't feel motivated to do much of anything.

Finished the heel on the first sock last night, turned it and left the gusset to do. Will get to the heel on the second one today and I'll leave most of the heel for class tomorrow. I'm up to the heel now. Nothing to work on, just have to look busy.

I keep seeing all the beautiful lace and think, "I can do that." I know I can knit lace. The most daring part of knitting is the wearing. Would I really wear a lace shawl? No, is the honest answer. I think at best D would wear it, so I could knit for her. One would really be enough. Instead of knitting lace, I could knit the sexy top I bought the pattern from White Lies Designs. A lacy top. So that might get the whole lace knitting thing out of my system. Pattern calls for a wool/silk blend.

I have a linen/silk blend that is very soft and shiny. While it might make a very lovely naughty top, I think I want to make a cute knit top. I would be able to wear it anywhere and it will be nice. In my mind!

1 comment:

Heather said...

so i think i have decided i am going to learn to knit, i learned a bit 30 years ago, but do not remember much of anything... where should i start?