Saturday, December 2

I’m in hell.

Last night I was gathering up socks for my class. (Figured I showed people socks are socks.) I put my hand into one of the purple Dragon Scale sock, because I wanted to admire the pattern. And a finger poked out of the heel! I WORE THEM ONCE!! Now there is a hole!

After calming down, I was able to fix the hole. I’m glad I’ve got a darning egg. That thing is a life saver. From what I can tell, the yarn broke. After it broke, three stitches came undone in the wash. By using a duplicate stitch I was able to fix the hole. Right now, there is a bit of bump where the fix happened, but show work itself out with some wear and laundry.

I need to practice my duplicate stitching. It really sucks to try and fix something with small stitches I can’t do well. Guess I could swatch and practice with larger gauge.

Anyway, I think I’m ready for today’s class. I cleaned out my knitting bucket. It was full of my knitting Olympic Afghan. I don’t like how it’s turning out, it’s half done and I don’t like how it’s turning out. Nine months later and it’s still sitting. I’m thinking I’ll just donate the half done stuff to the pet shelter and start over.

Back to the bucket, it’s now full of socks, patterns, my knitting notebook, my current sock, and stuff to start another project, if need be.

The class was pretty good. Only person showed up, which relieved some of the stress I was having. We went over the pattern, and then casted on for Magic Loop method. She knows how to knit sweaters and mittens, so a sock will be nothing at all.

No comments: