Monday, December 25

Christmas at Chez Tech house had a few bumps, but overall it was wonderful. I slept in until 06:30. Never thought I would say, slept in until 06:30. There was a point in time when 10:30 or 12:00 would be sleeping in, but I digress. Did get some knitting done before 09:00 when the Eldest and her husband came over.

Breakfast was a quick affair; the men had eggs over easy while we ladies had omelets – onion and red pepper. (hmm) Grilltech started handing out presents and couldn’t seem to catch his breathe. We ended up going to the ER because he wasn’t breathing right after 20 minutes.

After three hours at the ER, they couldn’t find anything wrong. In tech terms, it was a “you seemed to have a BSoD*, but we’ve rebooted you and you seem to be working fine now. If the BS** comes back, do call us again…”


The Muggles are starting to get the idea. Here are some of my presents: Module Magic and Sensational Knitted Socks are from Grill’s sister. Knitting Rules and the Soy Yarn are from his mom. The quilt is from my mom – I found the quilt top at a yard sale for EIGHT BUCKS! I sent it up to be quilted and I got it back at Christmas. Good deal. The furry body is Uggy. She’s so spoiled.

Grilltech made dinner. Prime rib with grill corn on the cob, and I roasted potatos, peppers (red and japalones), garlic and onions. You can see it on Grill’s page.


I guess I can come clean about Nameless’ One sweater now. It is after Christmas now. I let Grill’s mom know I was going to make her a sweater. In fact, I had made the sweater back in June, but she wasn’t reading the blog back then. In September, she mentioned she was looking forward to reading about the adventures of her sweater.

I didn’t want to let on the sweater was made and just waiting to be finished. Two ends to be woven in and decision to be made about buttons or zipper. You can read about button hell in some of my previous posts. I got it finished and in the mail. Grill’s mom wasn’t at work this week, but was calling his Sister to have her read the blogs. She was disappointed the sweater wasn’t done by the time of the mailing.

Today when Grill was talking to his mom, she was surprised to say the least her sweater was finished. I believe it was mentioned it even fits. Anyway, here is her sweater.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

* BSoD: Blue Screen of Death
* BS: Blue Screen

1 comment:

GrillTech said...

The adventures of the sweater were a lot of fun. Christmas turned out really great.