Wednesday, December 13

I'm in button hell, that's all I can figure. All knitters know out about dye lots. You want to buy the same dye lot to finish a project otherwise, you have a green shirt with lighter shades of green in parts. (Grilltech still wears the shirt and loves it.) So, I'm replacing the buttons on the sweater, I start on a new four pack and these ones are lighter! WTF?! I look and sure enough, they're all the same dye lot. GRRR! So I just put the lighter one at the bottom.

It reminds me of the Senfeld epsiode, where George got a great deal on the white cashmere sweater. All through the show, everyone is talking about this red dot which mares the sweater. The sweater gets passed around, because who wants the sweater. At the end of the show, they're hiding under a desk, hiding from a guy with a gun. George holds out the sweater and the guy says, "Hey, whats with the red dot." That's how I feel about the buttons. The last one doesn't match. What's with that?

Sent Lenya the directions for knitting tonight. (I'm sure that's not her current blog, but that's all I have.) Now it's on her, if she really wants to learn. Not sure what I'll be working on tonight. Most likely the socks. If I can get them done and I can get started on the mittens.

I have to be home by 19:00 tonight. Sci-Fi channel is running a mini-series Lost Room. The whole premise reminds me of the series called Friday the 13th back in the late 80's. The heroes inherted an antique store where everything was cursed. While the stuff in the lost room aren't cursed, they do unsual things. I just like the show. Love the comb that stops time.

1 comment:

Heather said...

actually that is the most current blog, at least the only one i really write in anymore....