It’s not you; it’s me.

Dear Peacock Shawl,

We had great times together, and I will always treasure them. Remember when I misread the chart? Or when I got off by a row? Or the time I had to restart the shawl, twice? Good times. But let’s be honest, do you really enjoy sitting on the desk, feeling left out while I dally around with other projects? The bag. The many socks. The sweater. You never said anything, but I could feel your longing to be the one worked on instead of them.

I can’t go on pretending anymore. I can’t stand the fact, that somewhere along the line, I misread the chart. I tired to forget about it. I really did. I would pick up and work a row; but the magic was gone. So I’d leave you on the desk, avoiding you. Because deep in my heart I knew what needed to happen, but wasn’t ready to admit. Then the Yarn Harlot had to go and show off what you could be. Once I saw hers, I knew there was no putting it off any longer.

It’s never easy saying goodbye. (Or in this case, ripping out 95 rows.) But I think it will be for the best. You are beautiful. No one can deny that. We’ll try again very soon; because – damn it – I want to have this shawl!!

Love,

Knittech

4 comments:

Amy Lane said...

*sniffle* That was just...so beautiful... someday, someday, I'll write one of these to the beaded lace pi disaster on my yarn bucket... *sniff*

Carrie Penny said...

Alas, Parting is such sweet sorrow...

Galad said...

But there is always the promise of another day.

Lovs2Knit said...

Poor Soul! Those 95 rows had to have been rather painful to rip.