Monday, June 4th

It was a restful weekend. We didn't get to watch the stars on Saturday night like I had hoped. Instead it was muggy and cloudy most of the day. At the usual time we was going to leave, it was still cloudy. About 0030, the wind started picking up and it did start raining. Not enough to be refreshing to the parched earth, but cooling to take the edge off the heat. Grilltech and I sat outside for about 30 minutes watching the storm.

We had friends over for the Youngest's graduation party. It was fun and hot. The eldest brought the baby so Great Grandparents got to see her. We feed my parents the left over chicken, because DL isn't able to eat pork. She stated, she could eat Grilltech's cooking all the time.

Saturday I spent several hours down at the shop. I spun more of the dragon fly roving. I'm still working on getting it even, but hope to have the rest done this weekend. I'm thinking I'll knit a sweater for baby bird once I'm done spinning it.

Dad's sweater is stalled at joining of the sleeves. It's just been way to hot to knit on it. I'd better get a fan out and just finish the darn thing.

3 comments:

Carrie Penny said...

I think I am going to send my husband to yours to learn the kitchen arts.

Amy Lane said...

ah, socks... the summer knitter's savior... (that and cotton summer scarves:-) Good luck on the sweater...it sounds like it's been looming for a while...

Mr. Shife said...

The weather has just been crazy this spring. Hot, then cold and windy, hot, and now rainy. Mother nature is a bit undecided this season.