Signs

Autumn is defiantly here. Last night while taking Havoc on his walk, I saw several yellow leaves poking out of the green foliage. The morning drive had patches of light, almost ethereal fog. The moon's silvery gleam gave the night almost a magical glow. It was lovely.

Today's work so far is better than yesterday's. I think standing in front of a firing squad with a blindfold would be better than yesterday. The general overall feeling of blahness is easing a bit. The rabid bitchess is fading but not gone - I don't think that will ever go away. The overwhelming desire to nuke the planet from orbit - just to be sure - is easing.

My blanket is going to be 75 x 100 = 7500 squares. 7500 SQUARES on size 1's. I'll be knitting forever and a day. I won't go where one square is 512 stitches. (Okay, I did go there it's 3.84 million stitches.) I think I'm going to go lay down. Then recount, because I counted not just the bottom ones, but the joins as well. So, it might be 50 x 75 = 3750 square or 1.92 million stitches. With 77 square done I'm only 2% done with my new math

I think I'm going to go work on the vest for a while.

5 comments:

Donna Lee said...

Wow, that's a lot of stitches. I'm not sure I'd have the guts to go there.....

emicat said...

whoa, 7500 squares.. that's a whole lotta squares! sometimes it's just good to go w/ the flow eh? but there will be a day the blankie will be done :)

roxie said...

You had to go do the math, didn't you? Well, look at it this way. You'll be knitting anyway, whether it's on the sock blankie, or on other things. You'll still get in millions of atitches in the coming months, so why NOT put them into the blankie? But finish the vest, first. Won't it feel GOOD to finish something? Won't Grill Tech be happy to get his vest? Isn't it getting chilly enough for him to wear it? If you finish the damn vest already, I will send you some sock yarn.

Megan said...

Wow! I don't think I have the ambition to do such a huge project. Imagine what an accomplishment that will be though when you're done.

Amy Lane said...

omg... never do the math. Ever. Math is evil (said the English major who kept counting words as her book got longer and longer and lonber.