He's Trying to Kill Me

Mother's day was a lot of fun (go check out Grilltech's blog for pictures). Until I decided to try to chop my thumb off. It makes knitting a bit of challenge, but then I do enjoy a good challenge from time to time. The IKL Socks feel like they're made of steel wool, while the pink blob feel like it's made of soft wool. Grilltech's socks do need to be made of steel wool. I've taken to looking his socks over while doing laundry, so I can catch problems early.

A couple of days ago, the Gnome stated these numbers are don't match these ACD numbers. That's a difference of 90K calls. Odd. So I go download the numbers (again). Run the macro I wrote to condense the data. Input the number into the huge-ass spreadsheet. Odd, same numbers. Maybe it's me - because lord knows it can't be the data. I run a report, upload the data into the end-all-be-all database. Download those numbers. Compress the data (again). Input the numbers. Same fraggin numbers. Exactly. The. Same. WTF?! I start looking. The numbers he pointed to as what we should be close to, only count 30 queues not the 44 queues the report dump uses. I informed the Gnome, he was trying to kill me. He doesn't see the dark and twisted humor, but I do.

I own a magical stitch marker. It jumped fell off the needles today. I spent a good 10 minutes looking for it on the green/brown/yellow carpet. I even had two others looking. We couldn't find it. Every time I'd do something, I'd look for said marker. About 30 minutes later, I looked again. There it was sitting there in the middle of the floor. I know two of us had looked in the area it was found. Needless to say, I'm very happy it decided to return.

2 comments:

roxie said...

Trying to knit with a wounded thumb doesn't count as a challenge. It's considered a handicap. Knitting lace or cables or black lace cables at night on size 2s - that's a challenge. Hope you heal fast!

Amy Lane said...

All stitch markers are strange and magical creatures... which is why I often end up counting my stitches ad infinitum! (Don't chop your thumbs off... bad form!)