Friday Catch Up

It's Friday and I've made it through another week of work. Sure, it wasn't a full week of work but it was work. Things have calmed down somewhat here, but it can explode any time. Especially since it's the end of the month and there will be no recovery time. It tends to make managers and department heads crazy.

Had coffee with Bride-to-be (BTB) last night. They've booked the place. She keeps saying she wants to make the flowers - knit them, but she hasn't found any patterns she likes. I was knitting on the hematite vest last, while we talked. I'm thinking about five or six more inches before arm hole shaping will start. Grilltech tends to like his sweaters on the long side.

Today, I remembered to move the dental floss, comb and aspirin to my current bag. A very good thing, since I've already used two of the three items.

The Navy sock gusset is almost completed. Which means I'm on the downhill side of this bad boy. It's really handy to have a sock around when it comes to hour glasses.

I'm debating if I should make the bottoms to the pink blob. Yeah who am I kidding, I'll make them. Fear for me, I'll be blocking this weekend. I'll need to watch my back, the cats may send an assassin after me. I really shouldn't be too worried, they'll probably use the one the OT (O'Terrorist) sent after Grilltech.

Is it just me or does anyone else wonder how fast the trial happened in the song The Night the Lights Went in Georgia? And why is Little Sister blaming the judge for her not stepping up and taking responsibility?

Cow-orker saying every time I show you something there has to be an easier way to do this is not endearing yourself to me. Its showing me that a) you’re a whiner and b) that I really don’t have any desire to train you. I could show you the way I was shown how to do this; then you can say there has to be an easier way to do this. I did ask him to figure out a better way. Sputter, sputter, I'll need to think about it.

No wonder why the morning has been so quite, outlook has been closed. Now it's back to work. On the plus side, less than 15 minutes to go.

2 comments:

Carrie Penny said...

Lion Brand has a new book of knitted and crocheted flowers. I have their monthly email has had some of the patterns, she may want to take a look. I am off to read all of your post since I vanished now.

p.s. you may be the only one on here to appreciate my absense I found Diablo II can't wait for III now.

Amy Lane said...

Crocheted and knitted flowers... mmm... Maybe a combination of types? Maybe they do things differently in the south! And yeah... I hate it when my cow-workers whine too!