Because it's a security risk....

I'm obsessing. I really don't want to be, but I am. I'd much rather, be obsessing over my latest knitting project. Instead I keep going back over and over what happened at a bank. It's like a poison seeping into my thoughts. I could go into the all the gritty details, because I'd rather spend my energy someplace else. Brighter, happier, less angry.

While at the bank yesterday, I pulled out the knitting because it was going to be a while. The lady behind the desk said, you'll need to come back and teach me. I didn't say much because I was really unhappy. She went being perky and chatty, so what are you making? Socks? Really?! You make your own socks? I guess it would have been petty and mean to threaten to stab her. I knitted faster, hoping to drone out her meaningless chatter.

I've been working on Perky's lace tunic. The armscye was way to long. I ripped back one side and added more stitches, seven is way to narrow. I frogged the back side, because it was floppy and loose. I'm about done with the decreases. I'm thinking about calling her and seeing if she wants the back taller (she does). It was about the same length as the front. YIKES!!

I've also paid off my financed yarn. No, I'm not a redneck, I'm a knitter!! Yes, I said financed. I purchased so much I had to make payments on it. Enough for my sweater and one for Grilltech. In fact, one of the ladies I knit with liked his so much, she snapped up the left over skeins I didn't buy. I tend to over buy, because I'm so paranoid I'll run out while working on a project.

I've pulled out the bamboo for my next shell. I'm going to finish up on Perky's tunic, then I'll start on mine. It will have the feather lace of Bella, but not the lace up the body. It will be plain Stockinette . I'll reverse the lace edging and do some around the bodice of the front. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to knit it in the round, then separate at the arms. It will probably be the easiest thing for me to do. Did I mention the bamboo was black? I can already see myself going blind.

The title? It's what the bank told us when they refused to cash the check. Bastards.

4 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

How in the world does cashing a check constitute a security risk? Or do I even want to know?

Galad said...

At least you are productive when frustrated and/or angry. I wouldn't be knitting or I'd really screw it up. Sorry about the bank - they don't deserve you as a customer.

Sandra said...

Another reason on the list of "Why I hate banks"...

emicat said...

security risk, eh? hmmm.

I worked as a teller during my college years and gotta say it's one of the most stressful jobs I've ever had. I had many a tearful day at work! I don't miss it, that's for sure.