#@%* Karma

Karma is a funny thing. I gave away sock yarn last week. This week I found out, I won yarn from Romancing the Yarn. Last week, I spent most of the time hating people and bitching about them*. This week? One of the supervisors from another site calls my boss and bitches about me. To be honest, I don't know if she was bitching or not. Oh wait, do I have to be honest?

So, I guess I should take you guys back in time. Remember the Corporate Fable? We did some training. Twice.

Any questions? (Cue the crickets.) No? Are you sure? (Cue more crickets.) Okay, thanks for being here look forward to working with you. So about 1.5 months ago, I send an e-mail to one of the supervisors in question and copied her boss - because it wasn't happening.

Well. Let. Me. Tell. You. She exploded all over me. Why did you copy my boss? There was no reason, blah, blah, blah. Since that point, she hasn't responded to any of my e-mails. Not. One. It took me about three weeks to figure out what was going on. Y would e-mail her and ask the same questions with the same wording, she'd answer.

So I called her, because I need information and I knew an e-mail would do me no good. She tells me "I'll send you an e-mail." WTF?! Fine.

So I'm trying to figure out how to word an e-mail to her boss, without sounding both whiny and bitchy. And still get the required information. While I'm drafting the e-mail, the Gnome IM's me asking me to come see him. I make my way over and he asks if Y is coming also - he was. The Gnome proceeds to tell Y he needs to call said person and answer any questions she may have. NOW. Y is almost refusing to do so, because "is this the way our department wants to be seen?" The Gnome proceeds to tell us, there was a personality conflict and Y needs to go "help her out".

I was so frustrated by the conversation I walked around the building. Frustrated enough I was crying. (sigh) Anyway, so I get back, Y is on the phone with her. Conversation is going something like this: Uumm, let me ask Knittech. Yeah, let me check with Knittech.

It's a pain-in-the-ass when people don't know how to do something, then lay the blame on someone else. The Gnome is trying to say that wasn't what happened, but how else am I going to see it? I can understand going to a supervisor when someone isn't doing their job and making more work for everyone else. But a personality conflict? Please, grow up and deal with it. #@%* Karma... There is more, but I'll cover it tomorrow.

On to knitting news...

Sleeves are dreadfully boring. Mantra? Five more inches, five more inches!! then I get to start the sleeve cap. Oh yeah, excitement abounds.

I've also started the gusset on my second sock. On the slow trek towards the toe. On the plus side, I'll have a pair of socks soon. Perky has taken to calling them "Grandma's watermelon socks". I don't think so!

I've also finished the class shaker sweater. Granted I'm very far ahead of the student, but I wanted it done.

Now I'm off to do five more inches...

* Said person was on vacation last week, so there was zero contact.

3 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

Sheesh! Doubt it's karma....everyone has a right to bitch from time to time. If you don't you'll explode! I mental smack people in the back of the head. :~)

Personality conflict...that to me sounds like a load of bull! Sounds to me that this person needs to grow up and join the real world were things are far from perfect!

Galad said...

This post has absolutely nothing to today with today's blog topic (though you have my sympathy for your work situation today!)

If you go to http://www.keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=2&c=overview it will tell you more about the personality profile ISTJ. The blog quizzes are not necessarily accurate but it is interesting.

emicat said...

I hate when people get all petty like that at work. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

I think that's why I tend to not get too chummy with people I work with for the most part, but the downside to that is that ppl then think I'm just snotty. Oh well, you can't please everyone, eh? :)