Corporate Life (again)

I know I've mentioned it before, but Grilltech and I work for a giant bureaucratic company. Which has some perks; free coffee and tea, they provide paper plates, bowls, plastic flatware, and (not sure anymore) drinking cups.

Because it's giant, there are people everywhere and its open 24/7. That being said, there is a cleaning crew which also works 24/7. Because lets face it; people are pigs. (I won't go into Grilltech's paranoia how they're always cleaning the bathroom when he needs it.)

The cleaning crew does the normal things; empty trash cans, clean bathrooms, sweep and mop. Due to what these girls deal with every day, they wear rubber gloves to protect themselves.

Another one of their jobs is stocking the break room (paper plates and bowls, plastic flatware(plastiware?)). I walked in while one girl was stocking the plastiware. She was wearing her gloves.

I now bring my own silverware. I think Grilltech’s paranoia is spreading.

4 comments:

GrillTech said...

Its not Paranoia. She does wait until I get up from desk to close it.. I've tried changing times. Nope.. She's there.. I've tried changing bathrooms. Nope she's there.. I've decided to act like I'm going for one and then halfway I'll switch to the other.. Maybe that will fool her.

Amy Lane said...

Uh-oh--what did grilltech do to piss off the cleaning people? (Her work gloves? EWWWW!!)

Lovs2Knit said...

lol...grilltech may not be paranoid. Maybe they have his desk bugged. ;~)

Yuck! Hope she changed those gloves before she did the stocking!

Mr. Shife said...

Sometimes paranoia's just having all the facts.