Thursday, November 30

I picked up the child from school last night, and then we stopped off at Fuzz. I picked up some cute Opal to make fishy mittens. Started with the mitered squares*. Figured I would do one, pick up stitches along the side, then cast on for the next square. After five rows on the next square, I decided I didn't like how it was looking. I ripped back, and just started a new square. I think five singles should be enough. I'll then pick up my 33 stitches along the sides and make the next four.

I didn't work on Nameless One's sweater last night. Does that make me a bad person?

Today I'm wearing my fingerless gloves. They are great, but if I made them today they would be different. These gloves are made from angora with silk. They have ZERO memory. So once worn, they stay stretched out. I added a strand of elastic to make them stay up on my arms; these babies are a good eight inches long. They're very warm and soft. So, if I was to make them today. I would knit with elastic in the ribbing. I think I might do a bit of wrist shaping. Maybe do ribbing all the way down, until the thumb.

* For some reason, my squares are more kite shaped. I would say rectangle even, but that's not quite right either

No comments: