Tuesday, November 7

I'm going to pull out the roving and make myself a pair of thrumbed mittens for when we go star gazing again. My next project for when Grilltech's sweater is finished. I've got a pound of roving in my stash I picked up cheaply from e-bay. I purchased it when I was making thrumbed mittens for D's sister. I couldn't find much locally, now there is a new LYS which sells roving and other spinning supplies. I'm been knocking around the thought of learning to spin. Grilltech won't be happy at the thought of me learning to spin. He's already stated no to me picking up cross stitching. Not that I have enough time to devote to another project.

I've measured the Dragon Scale socks this morning. I'm about an inch away from starting the heel. I've got some choices to make. Do I want to continue the pattern down the foot or do I want to make it plain. I'm also going to need to rearrange the stitches, so the braid is on the sides. Then the pattern down the front will be smaller because of the braid. I'll figure something out as I go.

Problem one: One of the scales has an extra round of the because it was the starter.

Fix: just do the slip 1, knit 1 and call it good.

No comments: