Friday, November 24

I survived Thanksgiving, barely. I think it was the last piece of pie I ate that almost did me in. I didn’t need to have the pie; I just ate it because it was there. And it almost killed me. Okay I wished I was dead, after eating it.

We had the E’s over for dinner. Grilltech smoked the turkeys. Yes, turkeys. One for us and one for the E’s to take home. We didn’t eat until about six and it was awesome. Grilltech can work magic with a grill. They brought a bunch of stuff and we had a bunch of stuff. We grazed all day and watched movies. It was a nice family event.

The kitchen is mostly a mess. While cooking yesterday, I would do the dishes as I went. The thought of facing large mounds of nasty dishes today would be too much. But some how the kitchen is still a mess. I loaded the dishwasher and will force the youngest to do the rest, after she gets up. Yeah, I’m the mean mommy.

I’ve started the nameless one’s sweater. As always when it comes to sweaters, sleeves first. Hope to get it completed in time for mailing out for Christmas. Not sure when the mailing date will be this year, but I hope it’s really far away. Knitters are such optimists.

I’m about eight rounds from finishing the gusset on my sock. Then it’s straight on to the toes, but I won’t start on those again until Monday. Unless we decide to go visit Joe - who is in the hospital – because sock are the ultimate in travel knitting. He was in a nasty car wreck. He died twice on the way to the hospital. He may never quite be the same again.

No comments: